APG 38D Harsh Environment Camera Enclosure
- Built to provide basic protection
- Meets NEMA 12 standards
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Comes standard with glass, AR-coated glass or acrylic viewport
- Internal camera support is slotted to match cameras with 1/4-20 tripod mount holes.
- Works with pre-made cables
The 38D enclosure is a lower cost stainless steel & aluminum housing for larger inline cameras. It is designed to protect your camera from impacts, dust, dirt, splashed water and idle hands.
The enclosure is highly configurable, with an air curtain faceplate options.
The PG-36 cord grip in the bottom of the enclosure uses a split insert to provide a watertight seal around one or more cables. This construction allows passage of one or more premade cables without removal of the connectors from the cables.
The enclosure is designed so that once the enclosure cover is removed (by loosening the captive screws), the user has full access to the camera & lens, taking the guesswork out of changing focus and f-stop settings.
The standard 38D enclosure allows the lens to be adjusted close to the viewport to reduce reflections. The enclosure also is designed to readily accommodate large diameter lenses or ringlights up to 67mm in diameter (lit area).
Select the model from this chart that meets your requirements and check it on the list above.
Models tailored for specific cameras are also available. Search on "38D" to see them all.
A Pan & Tilt base option is available here.
- Enclosure cover is constructed of 16 gauge 304 stainless steel, Enclosure Base is constructed of 1/4" 6061 aluminum.
- Enclosure Base is constructed of 1/4" 6061 aluminum.
- All external fasteners are 18-8 stainless steel.
- Fasteners to mount compatible cameras are included.
- Interior size: 10" length, 2.8" width, 3.8" height
- Enclosure meets NEMA 12 standards when equipped with sealed viewport.
- Weight: 4.5 lb. (varies based on model)
Models optimized for mounting many camera brands are available:
- Teledyne Dalsa
- Allied Vision Technologies
- Datalogic (PPT)
- Point Grey
- The Imaging Source
- FLIR Systems
Options are available for many special situations:
- Infrared-transmitting viewports, AR-coated glass or other special materials
- Dual air fittings for cooling or pressurizing
- Thermal insulation
- Sun shields
- Additional sealing gaskets
- Other cable feedthrough connectors
- Barrel extensions and custom barrel lengths
Contact AVC Emporium to determine price and availability.