APG 38D Harsh Environment Camera Enclosure
- Built to provide basic protection
- Meets NEMA 12 standards
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Comes standard with glass, AR-coated glass or acrylic viewport
- Internal camera support is slotted to match cameras with 1/4-20 tripod mount holes.
- Works with pre-made cables
The 42D enclosure is a lower cost stainless steel & aluminum housing for your Cognex DataMan 500 or Cognex DataMan 300 camera. It is designed to protect your camera from impacts, dust, dirt, splashed water and idle hands.
The enclosure is highly configurable, with air cooling and air curtain faceplate options.
The standard cable gland at the bottom of the enclosure uses a split insert to provide a watertight seal around one or more cables. The gland allows passage of one or more premade cables without removal of the connectors from the cables.
The enclosure is designed so that once the enclosure cover is removed, the user has full access to the camera & lens, taking the guesswork out of changing focus and f-stop settings.
The standard 42D enclosure allows the lens to be adjusted close to the viewport to reduce reflections.
Select the model from this chart that meets your requirements and check it on the list above.
- Enclosure cover is constructed of 16 gauge 304 stainless steel, Enclosure Base is constructed of 1/4" 6061 aluminum.
- Enclosure Base is constructed of 1/4" 6061 aluminum.
- All external fasteners are 18-8 stainless steel.
- Fasteners to mount compatible cameras are included.
- Interior size: 10" length, 2.8" width, 3.8" height
- Enclosure meets NEMA 12 standards when equipped with sealed viewport.
- Weight: 4.5 lb. (varies based on model)
Options are available for many special situations:
- Infrared-transmitting viewports, AR-coated glass or other special materials
- Dual air fittings for cooling or pressurizing
- Thermal insulation
- Sun shields
- Additional sealing gaskets
- Other cable feedthrough connectors
- Barrel extensions and custom barrel lengths
Contact AVC Emporium to determine price and availability.