APG 42S FDA Washdown Enclosure - NEMA 4X, IP65
The 42S enclosure is a 316 stainless steel housing for your Cognex DataMan 500 or Cognex DataMan 300 cameras. Designed to work in highly corrosive environments, it also is designed to work in food applications, with care taken to reduce pockets where water might sit
The enclosure is highly configurable, with air cooling and air curtain faceplate options.
The standard cable gland on the back of the enclosure uses a split insert to provide a watertight seal around one or more cables. The gland allows passage of the standard I/O and power cable (and the Ethernet cable) without removal of the connectors from the cables.
The enclosure is designed so that once the enclosure cover is removed, the user has full access to the camera & lens, taking the guesswork out of changing focus and f-stop settings.
The standard 42S enclosure allows the lens to be adjusted close to the viewport to reduce reflections.
- Enclosure cover is constructed of 16 gauge 316 stainless steel, Enclosure Base is constructed of 1/4" 316 stainless steel.
- All external fasteners are 316 stainless steel.
- Fasteners to mount Cognex DataMan 500 and Cognex DataMan 300 cameras are included.
- Enclosure meets NEMA 4X standards when equipped with sealed viewport.
- Cord grip options include: Drillable PG36 37mm cord grip, 1/4" NPT connectors for air cooling and pressure regulation. Enclosure also is available with an air curtain faceplate. Call APG for options.
Models with air curtains do not meet FDA food environment requirements.
A Pan & Tilt base option is available here.
- Built for highly corrosive environments
- Supports Cognex DataMan 500 and Cognex DataMan 300 cameras
- Meets IP65 standards (contact APG for IP66 options)
- 100% 316 stainless steel construction
- Designed to work in food applications
- Camera to Viewport distance can be changed to handle long or wide angle lenses
- Comes standard with glass or acrylic viewport
- Works with pre-made cables
Options are available for many special situations:
- Infrared-transmitting viewports, AR-coated glass or other special materials
- Dual air fittings for cooling or pressurizing
- Thermal insulation
- Sun shields
- Additional sealing gaskets
- Other cable feedthrough connectors
- Barrel extensions and custom barrel lengths