The PIXCI® E4G2 frame grabber provides four MDR connectors to support four Base or two Medium or Full CameraLink cameras. A strobe output signal is generated for each trigger. The PIXCI E4G2 frame grabber supports cameras with a sustained bandwidth up to 1400 MB/second. Compatible with the PCI Express 2.0 x4 bus, the PIXCI E4G2 frame grabber interfaces to more than 100 of the newest, most advanced, highest bandwidth machine vision cameras available.
The PIXCI E4G2 with XCAP offers:
- Compatabi8lity with all CameraLink configurations up to 80 bit x 2 or 24 bit x 4
- 20 to 85 MHz pixel clock
- Up to 1400 MB/sec sustained data transfer from camera to x4 PCI Express 2.0 bus.
- Camera specific controls – exposure, bit depth, gain, frame rate, etc.
- Cameras in free-run mode for maximum frame rate sequence capture.
- Cameras in control mode for triggered image capture.
- Operation under Windows or Linux - 32 or 64-bit
The PIXCI E4G2 is a plug-n-play frame grabber requiring no hardware setup or adjustment. Load the software, install the board, connect the cameras, and begin to capture images.
Multiple PIXCI E4G2 boards can be installed in the same computer. The XCAP-Std program allows simultaneous use of the PIXCI E4 with other EPIX® frame grabbers supporting different camera models, either Camera Link compatible or not. XCAP-Std also offers video-to-disk capture, subject to the performance of the host computer's RAID array.
The PIXCI E4G2 is designed for the future. Although the PIXCI E4G2 can be used in any PC computer with a x4 PCI Express 2.0 bus and 512 MB of memory, it is designed to take advantage of the larger computer memories made possible by 64-bit addressing. The PIXCI E4G2 board allows streaming of image data directly to 8, 12, 16 or more gigabytes of computer memory, allowing sequence capture for longer durations.
Versions of the PIXCI E4G2 are available preset for many specific camera models. Please request information on these if you have a particular camera you plan to use.