The PIXCI® E8 frame grabber supports the fastest Camera Link cameras; cameras with pixel clock frequencies up to 85 MHz. More than 900 Extended, Full, Medium, Base, Dual Base, and PoCL configuration Camera Link cameras have dedicated support. Other Camera Link cameras are supported through Generic (universal) Capture & Adjust dialogs. The PIXCI® E8 features:
- High Bandwidth Camera Link Frame Grabber
- Base, Medium, Full Camera Support
- Extended, Expanded, or 10-Tap Support
- Dual Base Camera Support
- Power over Camera Link (PoCL)
- PCI Express x8 Bus
- 1.4 Gbyte/sec Burst Transfer
- Line Scan or Area Scan
- Camera Frame Rate Sequence Capture
- Triggered Image Sequence Capture
- 64-Bit Memory Addressing
- Camera Integration & Async Reset Control
- Images Stored in Motherboard Memory or RAID Array
- Windows & Linux, 32 & 64–bit Compatible
A Camera Link camera operating at 85 MHz, in Extended (10-tap 8-bit) mode, generates image data at a sustained rate of 850 megabytes per second. The PIXCI® E8 inputs image data at up to 850 megabytes per second, and transfers the data, through the PCI Express bus, at burst transfer rates up to 1.4 gigabytes per second.
Toggle a switch on the PIXCI® E8 to use with 2 base configuration cameras. PoCL is provided on both MDR connectors (Rev 1.0).
The PIXCI® E8 provides camera operation in free-run mode for maximum frame rate sequence capture, and it offers control (trigger) mode so that a signal from an external device can control image capture. The XCAP program provides camera-specific control (exposure, bit depth, gain, frame rate, etc.) through dedicated, easy-to-use, Capture & Adjust dialogs.
The PIXCI® E8 is designed for the future. It can be used in a PC with a PCI Express x8 or x16 bus slot and as little as 512 megabytes of installed computer memory. At the other extreme, 64-bit memory addressing allows video capture directly to terabytes of computer memory for seconds, minutes, or hours. For longer durations, when used with the XCAP-Std program, capture video directly to SSD or RAID — subject to the capacity of the drives.
SIGNAL INPUT & OUTPUT:
- EIA RS-644 (LVDS) Drivers & Receivers support pixel clock frequencies up to 85 MHz.
- PERFORMANCE (Camera Link):
- Supports the camera's maximum:
- Horizontal Resolution
- Vertical Resolution
- Frame Rate
- Bit Depth
- Two 26-pin 3M MDR Camera Link connectors for Full, Medium, and Base.
- 10-pin header for Trigger, Frame Enable, and Strobe.
- 10-pin header for General Purpose Inputs and Outputs.
- BUS REQUIREMENTS:
- PCI Express x8 Bus slot.
- Operates in PCI Express Bus x16 or x8 slot.
- POWER REQUIREMENTS:
- 12 V @ 120 mA 3.3 V @ 720 mA Total 3.816 Watts
- 13.08 cm long by 10.55 cm high (5.15" long x 4.153" high)
- CE. FCC, & ROHS Compliant
- EPIX SOFTWARE Support:
- Supported by XCAP-Lite (no charge with purchase of PIXCI® frame grabber), XCAP-Ltd, XCAP-Std, XCLIB , and XCLIBIPL . Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2K, LINUX, and 32-bit DOS. Also TWAIN and Image-Pro Compatible.