The PIXCI® EC1 frame grabber supports all Full, Medium, and Base configuration Camera Link cameras with bandwidth requirements of 191 Megabytes (1528 Mbits) per second or less. Compatible with ExpressCard, the mobile PCI Express interface for notebook computers, the PIXCI® EC1 offers dedicated support to more than 70 of the newest, most advanced, highest bandwidth machine vision cameras.
The PIXCI® EC1 captures from line scan or area scan cameras operating in either free-run (continuous) or controlled (triggered) mode. Free-run mode provides maximum line or frame rates. Controlled mode uses software for control of each exposure, uses a hardware timing circuit on the PIXCI EC1 to control exposure, or uses an optional TTL trigger input cable to start exposure. A TTL strobe output cable is available for strobe lighting applications.
The PIXCI EC1 with XCAP offers:
- 191 megabytes per second, sustained, data transfer rate to laptop. Faster notebooks may provide up to 204 megabytes per second, sustained, data rates. Burst transfers at 250 megabytes per second.
- Camera Control Dialogs for exposure, bit depth, gain, frame rate, etc.
- Cameras in free-run mode for maximum frame rate sequence capture.
- Cameras in control mode for triggered image capture.
- Operation under Windows or Linux - 32 or 64-bit
The PIXCI® EC1 is a plug-n-play frame grabber requiring no hardware setup or adjustment. Install the board, load the software, connect the camera, and capture images. Upon startup, the XCAP imaging program reads a camera identification chip on the PIXCI® EC1 frame grabber, allowing XCAP to load the appropriate video format and display the camera's dedicated Capture & Adjust Dialog.
The PIXCI® EC1 frame grabber, with the XCAP program, offers dedicated camera control dialogs supporting hundreds of the newest, most advanced, highest bandwidth machine vision cameras. For cameras without dedicated software control, the Generic configuration menu allows the user to create and save camera configuration parameters. The included XCAP-Lite imaging program provides camera control and image capture with no software development.