PG16 / PG21 / PG29 / PG36
- No need to remove and reinstall connectors from cables for installation
- No need to preinstall bulkhead feedthroughs
- Creates a liquid tight seal around cables
- Protection Rating: IP67; NEMA 4X If Cable Diameter = Insert Hole Diameter
- Protection Rating: IP65; NEMA 3 If Cable Diameter is up to 10% less than Insert Hole Diameter
- Body available in Polyamide, Nickel Plated Brass or 316 Stainless Steel
- Sealing washer available in polyethylene, Viton, BUNA-N, or silicone
The PG series Cord Grips are a low cost, highly configurable solution for creating a watertight seal around one or more cables of varying sizes. The cord grip can be drilled for multiple configurations depending on how many cables are utilized.
The unique feature about this product is the split insert. The split insert eliminates the need to remove connectors from cables during installation, facilitating the use of premade cables.
The limiting factor then becomes the cord grip ID versus the width of the connector assembly on the prefabricated cable. The PG36 cord grip can accommodate a 36mm connector (for example, a DB-9 or HD-15 connector).
The cord grip consists of five parts. The crown nut holds the insert inside the body, which is threaded on both ends to hold the crown nut and the lock ring (placed on the other side of the mounting panel). The seal presses against the large hex part of the body and one side of the panel. Varous materials are used to construct the cord grip to accommodate various environmental exposure conditions.
||Some PG16-BE and PG21-BE units may be marked with "BA". All units sold as "BE" have NPB lock rings regardless of the markings.|
Please note that the connector on one end of the cable must be able to pass through the opening in the crown nut (dimension G).